Wednesday, July 19, 2006

New Place

Well, it's been a long time. I' now ending my 2nd week at the new house and job. We moved in Saturday the 8th of July. I started my new job on the 10th. I'll start with work.

The 1st few days/week every one was at conference in FL, man I wish I could have went. But now after the fact I'm kinda glad I didn't. They had 4 class rooms setup to teach the new sells Reps one the new program(software) and all 4 when down , 2 stayed down. Not good for the team. I'm kinda missing my old job, this job is nice good pay, great benefits, in my field, but there is no good social interaction. I do have a good friend there but he is busy with the new software roll out and work more at night then I do. All in all its going good.

The home life, O' where to start. The day we moved in the people that lived here was still here and and didn't move out fully yet and we didn't have keys to the door until the 2nd day. 3/4 of all the windows had broken storm pains, and the fridge was leaking on the left side. So on Monday I called the Landlord and got the door fix and they was going to get us a new fridge. Tuesday the locksmith came out and gave us new locks and keys. The Landlord called on Wednesday as said a man would be out to bring us a new fridge after noon, I get home (5:30pm) and still no guy. So I called the Landlord and asked what was going on, because me and my wife wanted to go out to eat. 6:30 she calls back and says he can be there in a half hour or at 8pm. I said 8pm is good as long as its not to much later I got to bed around 10:30pm. 9:45 and he shows up its pouring rain out side and he has no help and a flat tire dolly to "bring" this fridge in the house. So I have to help, after about a hour we get the new one in and the old one out. Long night broken door, gash in wall and a new fridge. I go to bed and then go to work in the morning, 10:30am my wife calls me at work and says the fridge started to smoke and she unplug it. I call the Landlord and by Saturday at 7am we have a brand new fridge a fixed door and lost of about $40 of food. Now is the 2nd Wednesday and every thing is going good, got my last check from my old job. The house is looking like a home and we got to see a movie last night and go out to eat :).

Well that was the adventure of moving to a new job, new house, and a new state